These vintage glass earrings are as crisp and cool as the sweet seersucker dress you're dying to wear them with. A West German Goldfluss oval doublet and a bright white Czech glass flower button mingle in perfect harmony in this summery design.
Goldstone glass, or Goldfluss in German, was invented by the Venetians in the seventeenth century. It’s manufactured by heating silica and copper oxide until metallic crystals form. The production process was perfected by twentieth-century Czech and German glass artisans. Sadly, this trade is uncommon today and goldstone glass is, therefore, becoming harder and harder to find.
In this piece:
- White glass oval doublet made in mid-century Western Germany with mixed white and Goldfluss glass
- Vintage Czech white glass flower button
- Stamped brass prong setting made in the USA
- Brass-plated pewter settings made just for us in Louisiana
- Nickel-free and lead-free brass kidney wire closures
- Hangs 2 1/2”