The vintage silver brown agate oval in the center of this pendant necklace is an outstanding example of post-war German glassmaking.
After WWII, German glass artists advanced the glass making trade by inventing marbled agate glass.
In this design, we flanked the agate glass with two antique buttons and two striated brown West German glass doublets.
Every antique button is a one and only, chosen just for you, and so will not be identical to the image.
In this piece, from the outside in:
- Two antique metal buttons, both circa 1880-1900
- Vintage striated brown glass doublets, made in mid-century Western Germany
- Vintage German silver brown agate lampworked & hand-pressed glass cabochon
- Five brass-plated pewter settings made in the USA
- Tortoiseshell Czech glass beads
- Stamped brass filigree beads made in antique dies in the USA
- Antiqued brass chain
- Length 16” with 4” extender